Naturopathy is both a science and a philosophy of healing that focuses on natural remedies and the body’s natural ability to heal and maintain itself. There are inherent restorative powers in all living things. This natural power can be supported, appropriated and guided by practitioners of holistic and natural therapies and a healthy natural balance restored, in most cases, particularly if the disease process is addressed early.
Naturopathic practitioners work holistically with their clients and have a deep understanding that illness occurs on many levels and therefore must be addressed on many levels.
A natural approach to healing generally focuses on the following approaches and beliefs;
- Prevention and education. Particularly healthy diet choices, lifestyle including relaxation, exercise, the social and spiritual aspects of life.
- The use of non toxic natural substances as medicines which may include foods. Herbal preparations, supplements such as vitamins, minerals or enzymes used therapeutically will assist in bringing the body and mind into a balanced state.
- Treating the whole person. The body mind and spirit are connected which is now generally accepted. They all require care.
- Treating the cause as much as possible.
- The physician is partner to the healing process, not in charge of it. Part of the practitioners job is to encourage and educate towards self empowerment and self responsibility.
Many of the chronic diseases of our modern society, we believe can be prevented through proper education on diet and lifestyle. Type II diabetes for example responds well to many herbal preparations as well as certain vegetable groups.
Atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, hypertension, arthritis, osteoporosis, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia can all be supported naturally with success.
What do we have to offer at Holistic Health Norwest?
Our aim is to work closely with our clients, to assist and support them during the healing process. This includes the following naturopathic and auxiliary services:
- Clinical Nutrition:
Advice on diet and lifestyle. This will include group classes for family’s or community groups and instruction on raw food preparation, the best choices in foods for particular and specific conditions.
- A herbal dispensary:
We have our own herbal dispensary and a good range of vitamin, mineral and botanical supplements.
- Client support programs:
Quit smoking, weight loss, food cravings, detox and chronic pain programs and allergies/sensitivities and food intolerances.
If you would like to know more, please phone us today on 02 888 29 400